Because I’m an incredibly original person, I’ll be gathering all the interesting Internet musings and news I’ve discovered over the week and putting them all in one post. This is my way of saying “thanks!” to awesome content-creators out there. And also my way of keeping up to date with my postings!
From Blogs I Follow
- The Jobs Behind Writers. Because I’m an idealistic undergrad pursuing a degree to (probably) nowhereville and I’m certain I’m not alone…
- The Illusion of Majority Extremism. “In the context of our media, extreme opinions are used as distractions.” Another thoughtful social commentary by another T.K.
- The Most Moving And Timelessly Beautiful LGBTQ Love Letters in History: Mostly because Virginia Woolf and Oscar Wilde are in here, and who can resist some Woolf’n’Wilde lovin’s?
- Respected and renowned American poet/writer/screenwriter/renaissance woman Maya Angelou passed away earlier this week. I’ve never read her poetry, but I’ve learned she’s led one heck of life, going from fry cook/prostitute/nightclub dancer to poet/director/actress/professor & more. I mean, the lady lived enough to write 7 autobiographies!
- Gove’s “axing” of To Kill A Mockingbird from English GCSEs in the UK have got the readersphere all abuzz and indignant. As a Canadian, I’m pretty certain that if all I got to read was Margaret Atwood and Alice Munro in high school, I’d go insane. (No offense to those authors, but c’mon…we’re talking about Mockingbird!)
My Featured Blog Post of the Week (aka CHECK OUT WHAT I DID, MA!)
- Breakfast with News...the joys and sorrows of waking up at 6am every day and commuting 3 hours a day