Another weekend, another adventure! I haven’t done weekend wrap-ups for a few weekends, so please forgive me if I include Internet stopovers from several weekends ago 😛
On Writing and Books and Stuff
- How girly book covers undermine certain books. I’m certainly a victim (or judge?) of this, as I often do judge books by their covers (yes, it’s quite legitimate to do so. Well, usually…).
- Writing for free leads to writing for dough. I totally agree with this post as a budding professional. Sacrifice now, be rewarded later! So bleed hard to earn your bread (and your dough!)
- The end of the patriarchy as we know it? I only know about this article/book from watching Orange is the New Black. Mr. Healy the creepy guidance counsellor gets freaked out by all the kick-ass ladies of Litchfield 😉
- J.K. Rowling gets called a bitch by a charity. S’alright, Joanie, you got a spawn of wizards to back you up!
On Everything Else
- Putting a positive spin on selfies. This blogger says hey, it’s sometimes okay to appreciate a well-taken portrait of yourself!
- Are old-fashioned rules to enjoying music still relevant to, well…old-fashioned music? The National Post debates.
- “Sustainable creativity.” An awesome website dedicated to creativity and productivity. Thanks to Caleb Peiffer who shared this.