Thanks to the lovely achinacat, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Check out her blog on the experience of an Englishwoman in China. The Liebster award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers and encourages us all to discover new bloggers popping up on the Net. Here are the rules copied from achinacat’s post:
Thank the person who nominated you for a Liebster Award and link their blog to your post.
Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you.
Nominate 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or fewer for the award.
Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
Let your nominees know you nominated them once you’ve posted about your Liebster Award.
Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog!
My answer to achinacat’s 11 questions:
1. The last thing that made you laugh?
Something I was thinking about made me smile while drying the dishes this evening. My mom caught me and asked, “Why are you smiling?!” but I’ve since forgotten what the thought was!
2. City you would most like to visit?
Sapporo, Japan: for the snowboarding, the ramen, and the culture.
3. What’s your perfect breakfast?
Pancakes with maple syrup, bacon, and the perfect scrambled eggs.
4. Best gig you’ve ever been to?
X Japan 2010 World Tour (their first time in Canada).
5. Favorite book?
Are you serious? How am I supposed to answer this without insulting one of my books? :O Well, at the moment it’s still The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami.
6. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
7. If you could be an animal for a day, which animal would you be?
8. Tea or coffee?
Coffee: dark roast, please.
9. What’s your favorite part of your body?
10. One non-electronic item you could not live without?
11. Something you have achieved in the past year?
Got into the double-major program of my dreams 🙂
My 11 questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s one food item you can’t live without?
- If you could go on a date with someone from the dead, who would it be?
- If you could go on a date with someone from the present, who would it be?
- If you were given the ability to master a musical instrument in 1 day, what instrument would you choose?
- If you had $1 million dollars, would you rather spend it on a house, travels, or something else?
- What’s your ideal superpower?
- What do you think is the biggest problem our world is facing today?
- Luxurious cruise, human-powered camping trip (hiking, paddling, etc.), or train-powered expedition?
- What’s your favourite article of clothing?
- What’s one thing in your room that tells a great deal about you?
My nominees are:
http://guisers.wordpress.com – a blog by one of my real-life friends. An adherent to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, she’s critical but in an intelligent way, which translates to a blog that will for sure capture your interest and make your question things.
http://lawnchairair.wordpress.com – another blog by another real-life friend who’s thoughtful, passionate, and has a clear way of expressing her passion. You can tell this one’s an English major 😉
http://bumblesbooks.wordpress.com – a real author with a real book! And she has some thoughtful, useful advice in her blog, too.
http://ukuleledaily.wordpress.com – yes, one can write a blog about ukuleles, and one can do a damn good job about it.
http://standingstonesblog.com – philosophy, meditation, spirituality. Read this one on top of a mountain with the wind as your soundtrack.
http://writingtutortips.wordpress.com – it is what it sounds. “Writing tips from a college writing tutor.” Really useful tidbits here and one of my frequent reads!
It was difficult to find blogs with <200 followers as I haven’t been reading/following actively the last few months (*sad face*) and some of y’all don’t show your number of followers 😡 (Apologies if I nominated you and you have more than 200 followers; some of you I had to make conjectures based on the number of comments you had…but hey, I nominated you because something about your blog radiates awesomeness! So please don’t be offended 🙂 )
So, if you think you’re an underrated blogger with a voice the world deserves to hear do link me to your blog in the comments! And if I like what I see, I’ll nominate you for sure!