Yummy, healthy recipe by a hiking buddy. Must share!
A morning hike up a rocky mountain, companioned by good friends. Nothing like it. This recipe is for one of my such friends.
At the top, time together to sit, to breathe deeply, and to nourish our sweaty souls with tupperware lunches and candid conversation… As chipmunks visit and vie for crumbs, and mountaintop raindrops just start to drizzle…
A Salad, Much Loved
Serves 1, + a couple of hungry-helpful hiking friends
- 1/2 beet, sliced
- 1/2 Japanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, spooned out/sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 falafel (or other veggie-based pattie), sliced
- 1 small block of silken (or any desired consistency) tofu
- pumpkin seeds, soaked overnight
- toasted sesame seeds
Go with the flow. I like to use whatever I have on hand. Torn kale, bean sprouts, even wakame seaweed are other frequenters of my salad bowl.
- extra virgin olive oil + sesame oil…
View original post 62 more words