Hello all you bloggers and bloggeroos! I wish you all had an enjoyable week! Mine wasn’t spectacular nor was it completely dull 🙂
Cool things to share this week:
Literature and art
- Rebecca Croteau shares the power of romance fiction and how romance shouldn’t be dismissed as superficial in today’s literary world. An insightful post with a dash of positive feminism 😉
- This disturbing (yes somewhat hilarious) rewriting of Harry Potter scenes by a super conservative religious mother. The description of Hermione as the ideal subservient young woman of “innocence and godliness” is just plain creepy, though.
- This genius who took a photograph of birds sitting on electrical wires…and then transformed their visual positioning into musical notes on a staff. The result is simply enchanting.
- The literature behind menus: how semantics behind restaurant menus reveal their class.
- Stevie Nicks’ absolutely awesome (real! not Instagram) polaroid selfies from the ’70s. (Definitely not posting this just because I’m a Stevie Nicks fangirl…)
Elsewhere in the realms of the net…
- Why being happy instead of envious of other people’s success is beneficial, and concrete ways on how to do it (this is something I need to work on!). I’m such an insecure writer…
- On A More Serious Note… Reposting my post earlier this week about the protests in Hong Kong. Yeah yeah yeah it’s long but I think people everywhere should be aware.
- 35 Tumblr Posts That’ll Make You Reevaluate Your Entire Existence. Actually. (Our blogging neighbours at Tumblr aren’t just mindless fangirls…they’re freaking intellectual).